Parent / Tot Classes (6 - 36 months)
Parent / Tot classes are no longer be available.
Little Sharks Swim Academy offers a unique program where a child can learn to swim on in an on-going program. The YEAR-ROUND lessons are offered once a week for 15-25 min, for four weeks. This is a tuition based program where you can continue for as long as you would like. We allow a two week tuition free, vacation for each calendar year. Little Sharks progress at their own rate. There are no SHARK CAMPS available for our PARENT/TOT classes.
1mm wetsuit for added buoyancy and added warmth
Swimming Lessons for Infants and Toddlers
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING TO ACHIEVE?
- We want the infant to be comfortable, secure and happy in the water.
- We want to progress to the point where a child who falls into the water can float, turn over to their back and breathe. This is a critical safety skill for infants.
- Children at a very young age a curious about water. It is an important reason to get them into the pool and teach them to get onto their backs, relax and breathe, so they can increase their survival chances when they are accidentally in the water.
THIS IS AN INTRODUCTION TO SWIMMING WITH THE EMPHASIS IN WATER SAFETY.
- What to bring:
- Double swim diaper. (if a bowl movement occurs without the protection of the swim diaper, a mandatory 24 hour pool closure will be in effect. This will affect all programs in the facility for 24 hours.
- warm clothing to change into after
- snack for after (children will be hungry after all of the activity)
- How to handle crying:
- Crying will occur, it is a means of releasing tension.
- Depending on why the child is crying, the progression of water submersion and entry, may be slower. This is ok, and part of the learning process for the child.
- It is important to pay attention to the type of cry; fear, frustration, pain, exhaustion, cold.