Registration Information/Payment/Refund/Make-up Policies
- Spaces during the registration period are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If we are unable to accommodate your time/day request and the alternate times we offered still do not work, you will receive a full refund for the lesson time.
YEAR - ROUND PROGRAM:
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration, then no later than the 8th of the month there after for our YEAR - ROUND program.
- A "Little Sharks Swim Academy LLC." swimsuit or thermal suit or rash guard is available for purchase $35. The girls' suits are one-piece and are a competitive style suit. The boys suits are "Jammers" - they look like bike shorts. Girls suits are one piece either thin straps or thick straps. Thermal wetsuit sizes; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7/8, 9,10, 11,12 . The thermal wetsuit is a 1mm shorty that helps with a slight amount of buoyancy and warmth. The suits are the class uniform and are required to be worn at class at all times. If you outgrow or lose the suit, you need to purchase a suit.
- REFUND POLICY: No refunds will be given after one week before your child's lessons. Please consider this before enrolling.
- MAKE-UP POLICY: No make-up classes are offered. Attendance at class is not required. Please try to make as many as you can.
- Please give a two week notice if you no longer choose to be in lessons.
- Tuition is for the month. Parents are paying for reserving the spot. We will prorate families for starting mid month, holidays, or pool closures.
SUMMER SHARK CAMPS:
- Due to new health considerations: If a child has exhibited a fever, diarrhea, or cough (keeping the child up throughout the night), please do not bring your child to lessons.
- Swimmers with longer hair will be required to wear a swim cap as they progress through the stations. Long hair can be a distraction and can interfere with bi-lateral breathing. Your coach will make the suggestion to purchase a cap if needed.
- Personal googles are required. Goggle help with confidence in going underwater. Due to new health and safety procedures, community googles will not be allowed. Swimmers must have their own.
- Swim Diapers: All children who are under 3, regardless of level of potty training, or older children who are not fully potty trained, must be double-diapered, which means they need to wear a disposable swim diaper covered by a REUSABLE, snug-fitting swim diaper. Bowel movements in the pool can be a health hazard and may force us to cancel classes for 24 hours. This will effect all programs using the facility. Do not substitute: plastic training pants or regular diapers of any kind. Use ONLY the approved swim diapers available . Please do not buy a size for your child to "grow into" as the elastic on the leg openings must be tight enough to contain a bowel movement. If you forgot one, they will be available at lessons for $1.00 per "little swimmer" swim diaper.
- All Parents with children under the age of 12 years, must accompany swimmers during the 30 min lesson as per the University regulations.
- Have all children use the facilities prior to lessons. They will be allowed to go during their scheduled time, however time is limited and to gain the most out of the session, please help your children go before they enter the water. Coaches WILL NOT take your child to use the toilet. We suggest that all parents stay during the lesson time to help if the situation calls.
- Parents, please to not yell out to your child, or give direction to your Little Shark during their class time. This can cause confusion for the Little Shark learning the progression of Stations. All COACHES are trained by the Program Manager. It is important at times to see what the Little Shark is capable of, without verbal guidance. This will build confidence in their swimming capabilities. We encourage you to cheer for your Little Shark, but leave the direction and coaching to the COACHES please. If a continuous distraction persist, we will ask you to move to another area of the pool deck. This is for the safety of all who are in the water.
- Little Sharks Swim Academy LLC. is a USA Swimming Learn to Swim program. USA Swimming is the only lessons program endorsed by the American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA). Students in our lessons are grouped into their appropriate level, or station, based off their swimming skills. We accept kids who are at the very beginning level as well as those who may already know how to swim freestyle and other strokes but want to become stronger and more efficient in the water. We teach the 4 competitive strokes; freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, and side-stroke and elementary backstroke. We also teach flip-turns, racing dives and safety skills. By the time one graduates from our highest level –they will be able to complete a 300 yard freestyle swim, without stopping, 100 yards backstroke and 100 Individual Medley!